The resources of BTRA have been, from the very beginning, efficiently deployed in such areas where maximum benefits accrue to the textile industry. R & D activities at BTRA cover applied and basic research, process and product development, new and frontier areas of technology, operational studies to improve and standardize mill working, testing and consultancy services, energy conservation,etc.
The Bombay Textile Research Association
BTRA at a Glance
- Completed 70+ Technical Projects
- Carried out 300+ type of tests for textile products
- Credited with 46 Patents
- Carried out 600+ shopfloor assignments
- Conducted 550+ In-house & shopfloor Training Programme
- Library having 20000+ publication
BTRA has the necessary infrastructure [sophisticated instrumentation, pilot plants and well equipped laboratories] and expertise to carry out variety of tests on fibres, yarns, fabrics (including technical textiles) to RMG and allied materials and on composites. Besides, it also carries out testing of auxiliaries, chemicals and dyes. Eco-testing...
BTRA over the years is providing solutions to technical and techno-economic problems regarding- Quality, Machine Production, Machine Maintenance, Manpower Complement, Quality Systems, etc. through Shop-floor Investigations in weaving and chemical processing areas. Composite or textile processing industries carrying out bleaching, dyeing, printing, finishing...
The Bombay Textile Research Association [BTRA] conducts training and development activities regularly in textile manufacturing processes and testing of textiles. It offers need based training programmes / refresher courses / basic courses to executives [from marketing / commercial / personnel], students, shop-floor technicians/operators and seasoned technocrats. Also, BTRA offers...
SPECIALIZED TESTING FACILITIES AT BTRA
- More than 60+ years of service to textile industry
- Research works in the modern technology like Plasma, Conductive, Electro spinning, E-Beam, etc.
- Testing 25000+ samples every years
- Centre of Excellence for GEOTECH
- Pilot Plant Facility for woven, nonwoven processing trial melt and electro spinning
- Covering area from fibre to fabric
- 2001 - NABL Accreditation (Chem.& Physical Testing)
- 2002 - Microbiology Lab
- 2008 - Centre of Excellence (GEO - TEXTILES)
- 2009 - Conductive Textile Lab
- 2009 - Plasma Lab
- 2010 - Business Collaboration FITI, S Korea
- 2010 - GAI -LAP Accreditation (Geo Textile)
- 2011 – Defect Analysis
- 2011 - Apparel Lab
- 2013 – Sample Weaving Set-up
- 2016 - Electro Melt Spinning
- 2016 – Soil Mechanics & Asphalt Testing Lab
- 2017 - Calibration Lab