Information Resource Centre
- Books / Journals
- Indian Standards
- ASTM Standards
- INDA-EDANA Standards
- ISO Standards
- DIN-EN Standards
Apart from testing & development, BTRA provides training to users / entrepreneurs in Geotech as well as in technical textiles. Also consultancy is provided to entrepreneurs to start a new manufacturing plant for geosynthetics by preparing project proposal product wise.
A workshop on ‘Nonwoven Technical Textiles’ was conducted by BTRA for three days in April, 2008 at Mumbai with the help of Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and prior to that an awareness programme was conducted in Ichalkaranji / Kolhapur for technical textiles. In the month of March, 2009, a seminar titled ‘Engineered Textiles for Geotextile Applications’ was conducted with the help of Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
BTRA gives major thrust to the following areas -
- Testing of Geo-textiles
- Testing of Industrial Filters
- Testing of Coated Textiles
- Testing of Hygienic Products ( Medical Textiles )
- Evaluation of High Loft wadding
- Product Development through spun lace system (especially for products made from cellulosic fibre)