BTRA has sophisticated instruments for testing various materials and caters to multiple testing needs of manufacturers & suppliers of plastics, polymers, adhesives, paints, resins, rubbers, etc. The details are as follows -
- Thermal Analysis
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), High Pressure Differential Scanning Calorimetry (HPDSC), Thermogravimetric Analysis(TGA)
- Identification of products, determination of melting points, glass transition temperature, analysis of fillers, evaluation of thermal stability, degradation products, combustion products, thermal history, product purity and many more.
- Fourier Transform ? Infra Red(FT-IR) Analysis
Characterisation and identification of organic compounds, polymers, wetting agents, finishing agents, binders and many more.
- X-ray Diffraction Studies
Identification and characterization of various materials, based on the type of crystal and its x-ray diffraction pattern
- UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
Purity determination and other spectrophotometer analysis
- Gel Permeation Chromatograph
(GPC) For determination of average molecular weights and molecular weight distribution
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC)
Analysis, identification & separation of different organic compounds
- Gas Chromatograph with Electron Capture Detector (GC-ECD)
Almost all the halogenated organic compounds are analysed.
- Gas Chromatograph with Mass Selective Detectors (GC-MSD)
Analysis of organic compounds which are volatile and up to 500 molecular weight
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer Heavy metals analysis
Detection and quantification at ppm and ppb level
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
Studies of surface characteristics and topography, particles dimensions and many more
- Evaluation of Flame Retardancy
Measurement of oxygen requirement for a sample to burn and comparative evaluation of FR agents and chemicals.
- Static Charge Dissipation
Evaluates static dissipation performance of plastic films, laminates, industrial fabrics etc. and suitable for performance comparison of antistatic agents.
- Instron ? 4240 (Universal Tensile Testing Machine)
Studies in tensile, compression, bending, shear properties and cyclic testing
Colour measurement, colour matching and specification of colour.